1. Develops project plans, schedules and budgets by integrating functional activity plans supporting new product launches.
2. Establishes the program launch budget and manages plant expenditures, customer funding and capital expenditures.
3. Establishes program launch schedules and defines plant functional resources requirements based on satisfying customer launch schedules;
4. Provides regular reports on project status and issues.
5. Acts as central point of communication with the design centers, sales, program, purchase etc, to coordinates all plant activities supporting new product launches including pre-production and production launch, project tooling/capital, installation, acceptance and customer funding.
6. Provides plant communication to teams on schedule/budget performance/issues and encourages direct communication between design center and plant launch team functional representatives on specific issues.
7. Responsible for providing technical direction and functional management of project launch engineers managers, assigned to the new product launch programs.
8. Comply with and support the health, safety, and environmental programs, policies and procedures.
1. Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline.
2. Minimum of eight years experience in an mechanical/machining manufacturing engineering environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience;Minimum of three years experience in mechanical assembly/manufacturing.
3. A disciplined approach to program launch management at plant with a minimum of 5 years experience.
4. Demonstrated team-building and managing capability
5. Previous knowledge of braking, mechanical related assembly or machining products and manufacturing technologies preferred
6. Prior experience in customer interface at multiple levels and in multiple disciplines preferred
7. Project Management. Professional Certification (PMPC) preferred
8. Experience with supporting PFMEA and control plans.
9. Strong project management skills
10. Green Belt / Black Belt Six Sigma trained with practical experience
11. Familiarity with personal computing software (i.e. MS Word, MS Excel, Visio, MS Project, MS PowerPoint.).